This week we had other groups from our class playtest our games for the first time. This helped us derive a formula for the three paths of victory and also helped us insert minor adjustments into the game. One of the major adjustments included inserting a surrounding tracker showing each players value of credits. We believed that this would aid everyone to see each other’s progression and use their action cards more wisely. From playtesting we also found out that we should reduce the power of some of the action cards because they were able to completely demolish other players. We decided to change the card that allows players to move back 20 spaces to move back 10 spaces. Also we decided to change the card that made a player lose 20 credits to make them lose only 10 credits.
At first we weren't sure if the three different ways to victory were equal or not. After numerous amounts of playtesting, it was. What tends to happen is people have a certain strategy in their head but after playing the game for a while it usually changes. To make the option of completing a major to win more appeal able we decided that the players have an option of completing any major they would like and can change the major throughout the game. This will give the player more options and will not make the player feel stuck.
We also scheduled a meeting in the library to make finishing touches. This included typing up the rough draft of the board. This also included finalizing the rulebook and putting color into the different cards. We decided on making the colors correlate for each major and each class on the board to make it easier for the players.
Later in the week we went to Staples and we got all of our cards and board pieces printed in color and on card stock. We also got our list of majors laminated. Then we bought a foam board. After that, we put finishing touches on our 8 game pieces . Finally we were able to make our board for our game and put it all together.